Hey guys, just wanted to document some of the things I think could be improved. Now these are my thoughts, like to know what everyone else thinks. I am using Mac version on 10.8
- User Interface
- For the MAC make more Mac like? Add Linux/Mac theme so Linux can look like Linux, Windows can look like Windows, and Mac looks a like a mac app. For that "polished look" and others could customize the look too with own created themes if they want.
- Save and export screen, do you really need the big blue screen with logo? a Now saving to... would be ok
- Apply & Ok buttons. Think it could be Apply and Cancel. Also Apply should SAVE the file!
- Project Tree - Every time you save the tree expands! Should stay the way I left it. Looks very busy.
- In App Help - Some form of help. Now days a lot of apps hook into the web for a online help, with an option to down load it for offline viewing.
- Menus. Able to hide the ribbon menu? Able to show hide Panels with a tab (click tab it shows, mouse away from it, it closes)
- Multi-Monitor Support - dialogs only open on primary monitor. I sometimes have ORMD on a big monitor and all the dialogs pop up on the other monitor!
- Comments hide associations links. Maybe make comments objects blocking
- Allow description of fields and tables(objects) to be shown. Maybe add a print view that lists out the objects in a table view with comments?
- Allow description of fields and entities(objects) inside the php classes (Doctrine2/Symfony2) Would be very helpful with PHP annotations.
- Printing from Mac! However the PDF does work as a work around
- More printing options. Print just the visual diagram, print list of entities, print list of entities with fields, etc..
That's all for now :-) This should keep ya busy!